Re: Is removing smell from packages OK? (Was: Why? "Marked for autoremoval on 24 March due to xdelta3: #965883")

On 2/25/22 11:38, Philip Hands wrote:
Having looked at how it was done, I applaud Andreas for doing a proper job.

+1

Anyone complaining about this kind of contribution to Debian is a moron and a barrier to progress. We really need to get rid of this toxic mentality in Debian.

Jonas, I strongly disagree with using this type of example like you just did in this thread. In many cases, switching from long-form dh to short form is by the way a very nice improvement (if the result is obviously very minimal, as opposed to a very verbosy-for-nothing long form, for example). Though you've decided to take the extreme example when one is strongly opposed to short-form dh, because of "packaging style". So IMO, your reply is inappropriate, we should only give encouragements to Andreas, and welcome progress.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)