Re: Allowed to build-depend a pkg in main on a pkg in non-free?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 10:11 PM Richard Laager wrote:

> I would expect that:
>
> 1. main builds include main repositories
> 2. contrib builds include main, contrib, & non-free repositories
> 3. non-free builds include main, contrib, & non-free repositories

AFAICT, we don't use separate chroots for building
main/contrib/non-free right now. I'm also not sure that running
non-free software on the buildds for main (even in a chroot) is a good
idea.

> Am I missing something here? If I'm understanding everything correctly,
> this seems buggy.

AFAICT you aren't missing anything and I agree the current situation is buggy.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise