Re: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dballe

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 02:47:45AM +0000, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 11:32 AM Paul Gevers wrote:
>
> > [1] Source packages that build binaries unknown to the archive currently
> > need these binaries to be uploaded by the maintainers for reviewing by
> > ftp-master in NEW. IIRC there have been multiple proposals to avoid
> > these binaries from either being needed or being uploaded to the Debian
> > archive, but so far the current tooling requires this.
>
> There has been some recent work on this part of the problem, I
> focussed on throwing away binaries for all sourceful uploads and ivodd
> focussed on doing that for NEW uploads only. Since ivodd's patch is
> further along than mine, I hope he will extend it to all sourceful
> uploads.

You'll make it unnecessarily harder to bootstrap environments that need
themselves to build if you do that.

Throwing it away for NEW makes sense, but not for regular uploads, IMO.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard