Re: Git Packaging Round 2: SHOULD Not or MUSt NOT Github

On 9/14/19 1:03 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Sorry, WHAAAT ? That's shocking to read this from the DPL.
>> Are you sure you didn't do a mistake in this sentence?
>
>> There's absolutely no problem within the Debian project to forbid using
>> non-free software.
>
> I use a computer with non-free firmware

This has nothing to do with what I wrote, and you know it.

> and push my packaging repositories
> to (among other places) GitHub.

As long as you push to Github *for yourself* (ie: not in order to share
the repository with other people form the Debian community), that's
fine. But forcing it to others is not acceptable.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)