Re: Let's consider using year based release identifiers [was: Re: getting rid of "testing"]

It will confuse me because in 2021 I will expect release 2021 .
Furthermore, will .7 stand for July ?
I assume it's about point releases (which, again, Ubuntu doesn't do
AFAIK).

The keyword will be education - i wrote some times ago: Let people use wht they are happy with - it will take a blog entry or two to let users know what 20xy.z means - i can't resist and bring it to the point:

If there will be a release 2020.0 and 2020.1 - and there will be release notes - do we really assume our users are to dumb to get it???

Cheers Alf