Re: Bits from the DPL (May 2019)

Hi Sam

On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 11:57:41AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> However, it's a lot easier to get a foo-guest account on salsa than it
> is to get a foo guest account in Debian LDAP.

A guest account in Debian LDAP does not get a Salsa account, at least
not an usable one.  Currently only users in the Debian group are
allowed.

> There are transitions like someone retiring from the project where we
> actually would be delighted if they continued to use salsa in some
> capacity.

The largest technical problem with that is providing the user with a
valid e-mail address.  Apart from that we need DSA to properly define
states in LDAP.

> Making the transition from foo to foo-guest is currently incredibly
> expensive for the person involved.

Yes, it is.

> This is one of the issues we will discuss later this month.  I hope the
> salsa admins will join that discussion.

Well, you could just ask.

Bastian

--
Beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here!