Re: Let's start salvaging packages! -- disucssion phase closing soon.

Tobias Frost <tobi@debian.org> writes:

> The split was actually thought to be a feature [1] :)
> It was to make the process itself less normative about the actual
> (concrete) figures/criterias, but still give safe figures to e.g
> necomers they can rely on, and on the other side enable more advanced
> people to reasonably deviate from it
> (but with a strong documentation/justification requirement).

OK, I understand the reasoning, but I hope we can improve the wording on
both sides a bit so it's clear that the rule is "use your judgement, and
if you're not sure about your judgement, refer to these numbers in the
wiki, which represent a current concensus". Assuming my summary is
correct, of course.