Re: Login - with which keyboard settings?

Hello Jonathan,

AS far I tested German typing is not working
and US typing is not working either. LVM login failed.

In grub the keyboard is adjusted to US.

(Hope not) ... it might be a bug.

I will test again when back home.

Til then.
Val.

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> schrieb am Mi., 8. Aug. 2018, 10:43:
Hi Carl,

For future reference, this question is better asked on the debian-user
mailing list.

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 07:53:21AM +0200, Carl-Valentin Schmitt wrote:
>Have here concluded Installation oft Debian 9.5
>Düring Installation keyboard-settings were German. I encrypted harddisk
>with LVM with password.
>
>Now is Login for password for LVM partition.
>Which keyboard settings are now?
>US-keyboard or German? German is only in gdm of GNOME?

I believe it should be German: the language settings in the installer
configure the keymap for more than just the graphical desktop.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland