Re: Bad interaction between pbuilder/debhelper/dpkg-buildinfo/dpkg-genchanges and dak on security-master

On Sun, 2017-07-09 at 15:41 +0100, James Clarke wrote:
> Now, the issue here is not its presence, but its
> name; however, I'd argue this is the correct name for it; it *is* a buildinfo
> file for an amd64 build.

And that has little to do with what ends up in the archive, unlike
other files dak processes: those usually are what ends up in the
archive, but here it's just random data that might lie about what ends
up in thhe archive.

>  Uploading a source-only changes file called
> _amd64.changes has been done many times in the past (and used to be what you
> would get with pbuilder pre-stretch) and never posed an issue, I guess because
> the .changes files were thrown away(?), though I seem to recall in some cases
> there were issues?

There are issues with files named _amd64.changes in the same cases
where there are issues with files named _amd64.buildinfo, just that is
much worse with _amd64.buildinfo as one cannot rename them (see the
.changes why that is so).

(Uploads to unstable usually don't trigger that problem.)

> Anyway, I don't especially care whether the _amd64.buildinfo
> gets renamed (copied) by dpkg-genchanges -S, or whether dak is fixed to allow
> multiple buildinfo files for the same arch (maybe renaming the file itself);

Or fixed to just silently discard .buildinfo files that might not work.
Or reject them always (though that also causes issues because arch:all
uploads also seem to get a _amd64.buildinfo, except when they come from
the buildds).

Ansgar