Re: default config not in /etc [was: policy for shipping sysctl.d snippets in packages?]

Vincent Danjean wrote:
> Perhaps, Debian can try to standardize this (for future releases), for
> example asking to put the default config files in a central place (with
> symlinks if required), for example /etc/default-config or even
> /lib/default-config and/or /usr/lib/default-config.

We cannot unilaterally standardize something like that.  If we want to
push for a standard for package defaults (and I do like the idea of
having a standardized directory under /usr for those rather than just
putting them under /usr/lib/package or similar), we need to work with
upstreams to do so.  /usr/lib/defaults/ does seem plausible.