Re: Debian is not welcome on Microsoft Azure

On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 21:49 +0200, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:43:17 +0200
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > They are now packaged in unstable (hyperv-daemons built from linux
> > -tools source), and could possible be backported to jessie if they are
> > that important.  However, I think some more work is needed to integrate
> > them properly.
>
>  I glad to hear hyperv-daemons package would be backported to Jessie :)
>  And what is needed to do so? Of course, I would help if I can.

I don't know that it will, but if it's critical enough for running
properly on Hyper-V or specifically Azure then I think it would be
approved for a stable update to jessie.

It is available in jessie-backports already.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Theory and practice are closer in theory than in practice.