Re: Is the Debian dependency system broken? (wget vs libgnutls-deb0-28)

 ❦ 16 juin 2015 15:50 +0200, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> :

> In any case, barring better documentation or guides, using example
> implementations simpler than glibc might be useful to people. So I
> offer libbsd, but I'm sure there are many others. We could perhaps
> even create a wiki page listing some of those pointers.
>
> libbsd for example exposes setproctitle() with different versions.

Yes, a simple example is great too and libbsd seems fine for that.

>> How a library should transition from non-versioned symbols (use of
>> -version-info only) to versioned symbols?
>
> You just switch it, code compiled against the new version will require
> at least the version switching to versioned symbols, code compiled
> against an older version will keep working with both.

In libbsd, I see that you started with LIBBSD_0.0. Does this mean libbsd
has always used symbol versioning? Otherwise, the start point would be
to use the previous SONAME (computed from the previous -version-info),
right?
--
Treat end of file conditions in a uniform manner.