Re: Updating the Policy Editors delegation

On 07/02/14 at 16:27 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >Regarding sections (admin, text, python, etc.), they delegate
> >the decisions on maintaining the list of sections, and their
> >respective contents, to the archive maintainers (see Policy, 2.4).
>
> So a delegate delegates again, right.
> Ok, basically what we did with the release team (and then they got
> DPL delegated),
> backports (and then...). Fine, team can give away rights they have
> to others.

That's also what every team with non-delegated assistants or trainees is
doing, too.

> >I would like to add something else:
> >I don't think that one should read delegations in search of
> >loopholes that
> >would give some team more powers than what is generally understood.
>
> "Generally understood" in a project as widely dispersed as others
> can be
> very different for people. I haven't even read it searching for
> loopholes.

I'm sorry if this sounded like I implied that you did. That was actually
  <x> it also means if somebody uploads a new debian-policy package that
  contains say the DMUP, then the policy editors become the editors of
  the DMUP
Let's try to assume that all delegates will act in good faith.

> The different understanding of what content/structure mean in this
> context
> between you and me show that its very easy to have a different
> reading of it.
> I do think this should be clarified in the official delegation.

Yeah, I've added that to my TO-DO list...

Lucas