Re: How many users for /usr/bin/view ?

Charles Plessy writes ("How many users for /usr/bin/view ?"):
> I will most probably remove /usr/bin/view from mime-support, but
> just in case, I would like to hear if some people are strongly
> relying on it.

I just read the bug.  I'm not a vi user (I use emacs or ed) so have no
personal use for view to mean vi.  But the existing behaviour does
seem entirely wrong and I agree with the vi users who say that view
should run vi.

The other possibily for Debian as a whole would be to ban vi clones
from offering /usr/bin/view, which I'm sure would annoy a lot more
people.

So thanks for asking and please go ahead.

Ian.