Tasksel's "standard" task (was: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional)

Hi there!

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 00:48:11 +0200, Josh Triplett wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:29:56 +0200
>> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>> > * Neil Williams (codehelp@debian.org) [111015 22:23]:
>> >
>> > "Standard" is just another word for "what someone expect so it's
>> > considered as normal unix", which *is* a multi-user server.
>> >
>> > Perhaps the task isn't named perfect, but that's just what standard
>> > is.
>>
>> If it was just a task used by tasksel, I'd be happy. The connotation of
>> at least, completely unnecessary.
>>
>> tasksel doesn't need anything in the Packages file, so why do we still
>> retain Priority: in debian/control other than for Priority: required?
>> The list of standard packages could just live in /usr/share/tasksel/ -
>> only one place to change it.
>>
>> Why is it anywhere else?
>
> As far as I know, Priority has the following non-cosmetic uses:
> - d-i installs everything >= important by default.
> - tasksel's standard task, selected by default in d-i, additionally
>   installs packages with priority standard.

It seems there is *no* tasksel's standard task:
=====
luca@gismo:~$ tasksel --list
u desktop       Debian desktop environment
u web-server    Web server
u print-server  Print server
u database-server       SQL database
u dns-server    DNS Server
u file-server   File server
u mail-server   Mail server
u ssh-server    SSH server
u laptop        Laptop
u manual        manual package selection

luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache policy tasksel
tasksel:
  Installed: 3.05
  Candidate: 3.05
  Version table:
 *** 3.05 0
        990 http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

luca@gismo:~$
=====

So I stand corrected by myself for the installation tests I did last
week [1].  And in this vision, what d-i shows as a tasksel's "standard"
tasks is actually not a tasksel's task at all.  Is this a bug?

[1] <http://lists.debian.org/87pqi1ciqk.fsf%40gismo.pca.it>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca