Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Josh Triplett wrote:
> End-user systems (desktops, laptops) typically handle mail via one
> or more smarthosts elsewhere, driven by MUAs that know how to talk
> SMTP.

While this definitely is the current state, it's not optimal. It would
be ideal to have an MTA like esmtp or similar,[1] which was easily
configured and could then be used by all things that need to send
outgoing mail without configuring them directly. [Possibly with
unified user configuration in .config/mail or similar which overrode
the system configuration and could be written and read by any of the
existing MUAs we have.]

Instead of band-aiding over this problem, lets actually fix it.

Don Armstrong

1: I personally use nullmailer, but because it doesn't support
sendmail -bs or listening on localhost:25, it's probably not ideal as
a default.
--
We were at a chinese resturant.
He was yelling at the waitress because there was a typo in his fortune