Re: master's mail backlog and upgrade time

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2005/11/19, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org>:
>> FWIW he currently does a. Rejecting at SMTP time causes backscatter on
>> forwarded mail, as the forwarding host cannot reject because it
>> already has accepted the mail.

> And usual way to deal with this is to set:
> ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 7d

> If a bounce message can't be delivered they are frozen. After 7 days
> they are deleted. Problem solved. I can't think of a reason that the
> mail would keep building up...

Hello,
The real problem with these bounces is not that they fill up the
forwarding host's queue but that they are usually unwanted. Think Joe
Job.
                 cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute