Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:31:22AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Henning Makholm writes:
> > Yes, but we shouldn't act as if it was a _freedom_ problem.
>
> If it was deliberately made bloody horribly ugly and painful in order to
> make changing it difficult, it's a freedom problem.

Not really. How NV choose to do stuff is totally up to NV. What we have
is source code (yes code that can be compiled) which is unencumbered, we
can modify,compile, distribute etc... whether it is _harder_ to modify
or not because of choices the _owner/author_ has made or not... is
nothing to do with freedom.

--
Paul