Re: creating a new key (was: Re: Debian GPG Key maintainence?)

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003, tomas pospisek wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Do *not* attempt to upload a new PGP key to the keyserver, as this
> > weakens the Web of Trust.
>
> My Debian key gives me trouble since it is an ElGammal only key and
> each time I unintentionally use it windows user will complain, have
> problems etc. (and reply with questions, resubmit, etc. etc.).
>
> My current key is very weakly connected. Can I submit a new key (that's
> maybe even better connected)? Any experience how long acceptance takes?

Really, really bad experiences.  I've seen people resign from the project
over the waiting period.  I suggest you switch to your new key for
everything but the debian activities that need a key in the Debian keyring.

You are welcome to using your new key in the mailing lists, for example.
Keep the old one for db.debian.org and packaging activities only...

  Henrique Holschuh