Re: different configs for 386 and 686 kernel

#include <hallo.h>
* Marcel Kolaja [Mon, Jan 06 2003, 10:25:37PM]:
> > > (I am talking about the 2.4.20-3 kernel image packages.)
> >
> > Seems to be a bug in 386, because it might make it impossible to mount
> > / as ext3 if ext3 is built as module and ext2 is not.
>
> This is exactly, what I was thinking about it. If I have / ext3, it will
> be mounted as ext2 with the 386 kernel. Am I right? So shall I file the
> bug report against kernel-image-2.4.20?

No. kernel-image-2.4.20-386 depends on newer initrd-tools which will
work with pivot_root. Read: no automatic detection with the kernel
routines (based on the dumb filesystems list) but mounting with the
specific filesystem, the same as was used when initrd.img has been
created. Xu may play a bit with you or close a such bug report
immediately.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
I am Stefan Raab of Borg. You will listen to Wadde Hadde Dudeda. Good
songs are futile.