Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 7, 2000

Hallo to everybody!

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 01:52:09PM +0300, Alexey Vyskubov <alexey@pepper.spb.ru> wrote...
> Hello!
>
> Package: communicator-smotif-47 (debian/non-free)
> Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
> [STRATEGY] Adam will deal with netscape during winter holidays (Dec 24 - Jan
> 2)
> 47658  communicator-smotif-47: we need libc6 version
> 50068  communicator-smotif-47: 8-bit characters cannot be entered when using
> Xkb.

I totally agree that these two bugs are really release-critical.
The libc5 version of Netscape is far inferior to the glibc version
regarding i18n. The inability to enter Japanese into the libc5 version
makes the netscape package unusable for me. The real problem is the
broken motif library used for Netscape, but the libc6 version is
fixable.

Does anybody out there still have a glibc2 based communicator-smotif-47
package arount?

--

	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF