Re: Leadership, effects on Debian and open source community

Raul Miller wrote:
> Or maybe you expect that people will "just know" that, if they happen
> to mention a popular piece of software, that they've legally obligated
> themselves to present a formal announcement?

We expect people to read the license. I don't feel we have any obligation to
make it clearer for them.

It's not aloowed to link a GPL'd peice of code with qt, but we don't have a
document explaining what you can and cannot do with GPL'd code in debian. We
expect people to read the licenses, and if they don't, it's not our fault.
Seems to me complience with the advertising clause is in the same boat.

--
see shy jo