Re: Bug Tracking System

[CC'ing WNPP so the BTS is included in there]

In article <m0zkR79-000HVrC@rainer.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>, Rainer Dorsch <rainer@rainer.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
> Recently, I was asked, if I know somebody who knows in detail how
> the Debian bug tracking system works and might be able to install
> it. Instead of shipping the bug tracking system individually for
> each project, I would suggest to build a Debian package of our bug
> tracking system. And this would be a nice advertisement for Debian
> systems, too.

> Did I miss something (do we have it already?)? Is anybody able to
> debianize the Debian bug tracking system, who knows the system well
> enough?

Several times now, those who run and/or administrate our servers and
the BTS have asked for a developer to take over the maintenance and
stewardship of the *software* (not actually maintaining the Debian
BTS).  Of course this party should work with the current BTS admins
and Ian and Guy and other people who have written it, in order to find
out what should be done to get it packaged and to get it improved.

AFAIK, there is even a preliminary packaging job done out there
somewhere.

Since no one has stepped up for this job, it has not been done.

Would you like to volunteer?

If not, can we get the BTS listed in WNPP?