Re: STANDARD SOFTWARE COMPATABILITY

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 04:42:51PM +1300, Michael Beattie wrote:

> > > (http://www.blender.nl/) If it had a better license, I would package it.
> >
> > Mail the creators :-)
>
> Not likely, The next version is to be commercial.. (I think thats right,
> maybe my wires are crossed.. I'll check)

The next version is Free Software. Check Blender News.

BTW, what's the problem with packaging blender in non-free at the moment?
Based on the promise that it's going to be Free Software, I'd like to
package Blender 1.5 -- I have mailed the authors about a glibc2 version and
they are VERY friendly and responsive -- but I don't have the time right
now.

					Marcelo