Working source packages available

I have made working Debian source packages available via FTP.  Most of
them are in various stages of completion, others are missing...

Maintainers should download the packages and begin preparing them.
I'll be releasing the source package guidelines before the end of the
week, and as soon as we work out some of the dpkg internals we'll be
releasing the binary package guidelines.

The base system in binary and source form will be soon to follow
(along with the packages that I will be maintaining, such as GCC).
We hope that the new package maintainers can have packages ready
within a few weeks after this happens.

The FTP site is tempest.ecn.purdue.edu, directory
`/pub/debian/project/devel'.

Dan, do you have anything that you wish to add?

Ian Murdock <imurdock@gnu.ai.mit.edu>