Re: AstroMenace and wheezy-backports

On 04.06.2013 10:13, Boris Pek wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> We had a discussion with Dmitry. And now we need more opinions.
>
>>>   What do you think, is it a good idea to prepare astromenace packages for
>>>   wheezy-backports?
>>  I doubt that based on cost-benefit analysis. :)
>
> I have doubts as well. That's why I am asking.

I think there should be some kind of demand for it or some sort of bug
report requesting the backport. In general, i think, it is a good idea
to backport games but it should be up to the maintainer to decide
whether this is necessary or not. Games like like Red Eclipse or
Teeworlds, whose server protocol changes between releases, should be
backported with a greater priority to allow players in stable to join
the latest internet servers. But if you feel astromenace should be in
wheezy-backports, just go ahead.

Regards,

Markus