Re: Debian Games Team Policy

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 07:56:44PM +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> as discussed in the last meeting (pabs, when will the next one be?),

I've been eagerly awaiting the minutes of this... (but was foolishly waiting
for a mailing list message and missed that the logs are on the meeting page
now).

I can't see reference to this in the meeting summary, I guess I'll have to read
the full log :(

> I've started (actually re-started) a wiki page for our policy:
>   http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Policy
> It has only very few points yet (based on the old page and our meeting).
> I will try to get more and post previews here on the list before
> publishing, and hope you all have some ideas too :)

We've been maintaining a doom package "guidelines" document for some time:
<http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/doom-packaging/> I've hesitated to call it
"policy" because it isn't part of debian-policy proper and until very recently
there were no significant doom packages maintained outside of the team, so
there was no need to convert this into a stick to beat people.

In recent times I've thought about expanding it into a more general games
policy and covering the Quake family, etc.

Is this the kind of thing that might fit with what you folks are looking at for
a games policy?

--
Jon Dowland