Re: Details on nettoe-1.2.1

Hello again,

I have now made six commits into the subversion repository.
The outcome is an UNRELEASED package that is lintian clean
when built with pbuilder for sid as well as for squeeze, and
additionally, also on Lenny.

However, I still need advise (and a sponsor!) on three
points for this package:

1) Barry deFreese has made recent contributions to the nettoe package.
   His most recent emails, as observed by me, originates from
   'verizon.net', which is not the address present in the package.
   Can this fact be ignored?

2) This continues the comment by Paul Wise:

måndag den  4 januari 2010 klockan 09:37 skrev Paul Wise detta:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Mats Erik Andersson
> <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
>
> > Now, in #544916 I filed an ITA in response to an RFA issued by
> > the Debian Games Team.
>
> It appears that you forgot to CC/BCC control@b.d.o so #544916 is still
> an RFA, not an ITA.

   I am at loss here. How should I incorporate this bug #544916
   into the changelog? Keep in mind that the Debian Games Team
   is still maintainer, and my contribution is as an uploader with
   intent to continue observing this package

3) I have presently altered 'debian/rules' only so far as to
   conform to compatibility level 7. This was intentionally done
   to preserve the ability to build this package in Lenny.

   An alternative would be to reduce the number of targets through
   the use of 'dh' and override rules. In this case, one either
   has to leave Lenny behind, or one has to delicately tailor
   (at least to my limited experience) some target in order
   to eliminate duplicate configuration etcetera. Ansgar Burchardt
   observed this also, in another response to my question.

   As a first step my mind suggests keeping the present rules file,
   and only in a next package release continue the reformulation
   of debian/rules. Acceptable?

Best regards,

--
Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr