Re: RFS: gnurobbo (updated package)

Hi Ansgar,

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:12:18 +0900, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@43-1.org> wrote:
> Do you know under what license data/skins/original/robbo.ttf is
> released?  It was changed in the last upstream release (it was
> DejaVu Sans Condensed, but now is ZapfHumanist, which is copyright
> 1990-1996 Bitstream Inc.).  Of course upstream's LICENSE-ttf was not
> updated...  The DejaVu fonts were originally also released by Bitstream,
> so ZapfHumanist may be released under a free license as well, but I'm
> not sure about it.

Thanks for pointing that out - I’d noticed that the license files’ name had
changed, but I hadn’t figured out that the font in use was no longer
distributable (at least I very much doubt so; see
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/bitstream/zapf-humanist-601/).

The game still plays correctly using DejaVu, so I guess we can continue using
that...

I’ve repacked the upstream tarball and prepared a new release (with a
get-orig-source target); it’s available in the git repository and on mentors
at
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gnurobbo/gnurobbo_0.62+dfsg-1.dsc.
It’s lintian-clean and the changelog is as follows:

gnurobbo (0.62+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Repackage upstream tarball to avoid shipping non-free files in the
    source package.
  * Update watch file to handle upstream's "-source" suffix and our
    "+dfsg" suffix.
  * Add get-orig-source target to repackage the original tarball, removing
    non-free fonts (with their incorrect license files) and unnecessary
    binaries.
  * Ship NEWS file.

 -- Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org>  Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:08:11 +0100

(I’ve left the urgency low since the non-DFSG-free package is nowhere near
testing yet.)

Would it be possible for someone to sponsor it?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen