Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

* Goneri Le Bouder <goneri.lebouder@atosorigin.com> [2009-05-06 11:25:50 CEST]:
> On 01.05.2009 13:37, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  I really would also like to have it a seperate list so that people can
> >actively decide wether they want to receive those notifications
> >additionally or not.
>
> We already have 3 mailing lists. That's why I prefer we use the same
> list for the Debian and Ubuntu notification (pkg-games). It's still create
> a mail filter rule.

 I usually am a big fan of requesting only the informations that one
wants and not request everything and filter out much in the end. Maybe
it's my database background of preferring SELECT field instead of SELECT
* and then look for field only. Furthermore, it's easier to get people
on board that only care for the Debian or Ubuntu portion and not both of
them. A list doesn't cost much.

> About the Ubuntu Games Team. As far I understand, it's a branch of
> the Ubuntu marketing team. To avoid confusion I would prefere to see
> its name changed a bit to make thinks more clear. Something like
> "Ubuntu Games Propotion Team" would have been enough to avoid the
> clarification we got at the beginning of this topic.

I am not aware of a term Propotion - and I suggest Packaging Team
instead, which is straight to the point.

> Since we already share a common goal in the team. What do you think about
> doing games marketing for Debian too? And maybe the other distributions
> like Miriam suggested.

 ... then I guess your typo was in the direction of Promotion, right?
Anyway, I think the team shouldn't suggest that promotion is its core
business, otherwise #391691 should had get solved right ahead.
. o O ( and for the record, I don't really agree with the reasoning in
that bugreport. nexuiz is based on the quake engine, that's a fact and
not a promotional trick )

 So long. :)
Rhonda