Re: New openal-soft packages in mentors.d.n

On Friday 06 June 2008 3:34:01 am Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> writes:
> > I've reuploaded the openal-soft packages and am looking for a sponsor. It
> > adds a debug package. Also, this package is meant to go directly to sid
> > now. - dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openal-soft/openal-soft_1.3.
> >253-1.dsc
>
> What is the status about openal?

Basically, the old library (OpenAL SI from creative) is deprecated in favor of
OpenAL Soft. Right now I'm currently waiting for someone to upload
openal-soft to the archive.

> I think if we want to have that one in
> lenny, we should upload it RIGHT NOW to unstable, so that package
> maintainers do have a chance to adapt their packages

Yes it should be uploaded right away. I've notified the package maintainers of
packages that depend|build-depend on openal a month ago. I've yet to receive
any response.

> From the archives,
> I've seen that you have done quite extensive research about the breakage
> it will cause, but I think this is more than managable.
>
> As for the package, I noticed that my name is in Uploaders:
> Field. Please talk to the people before you put their name in their,
> because that effectively makes them co-maintainers and in some sort
> responsible for the package.

I've added the names of those who were already in the openal package.

--
Regards,
Andres