Re: copyright files and GPL links

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 06:20:28PM +0300, Linas Žvirblis wrote:
> I did not read this very carefully, but anyway...
>
> If the application is licensed under different licenses, we have to list
> all of them, so (in my humble opinion) this is no different - we have to
> list them both:

 If it would have different licences - which it doesn't:  "GPLv2 or
later" is not different licences, it is a choice we can make.  We do
have to list only that one choice.  And if we would list v3 (through the
symlink of we-don't-care) we are actively taking away that choice from
our users - which according to our social contract should be coming
first.

 0.02 EUR,
Rhonda