Re: GDM / GNOME shell theming

Le jeu. 11 déc. 2014 à 21:30, Vincent Blut <vincent.debian@free.fr> a écrit :
Le jeu. 11 déc. 2014 à 18:57, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> a écrit :
On jeu., 2014-12-11 at 16:58 +0100, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
In fact Josselin's proposal was more specifically for the lock screen that is configured separately from the login screen for most desktops. The uploaded package should let LightDM have the intended login theme
 (same as KDM).

Indeed, I was not specifically talking about LightDM, but really about
Joss proposal.

 Besides I'm still not sure GDM login can be customized.

No idea either :)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it is defined in the '#lockDialogGroup' CSS ID in '/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css'. It seems to be a greyish background
with 'noise-texture.png' on top of it.

So yes, it’d be possible to have a 'background-image: url("path/to/picture");' property instead, but I’m not sure this would be welcomed by the GNOME team‽

$ dpkg -S /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css
gnome-shell-common: /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css

That means another upload of 'gnome-shell-common'. I’m not sure the release team would be pleased
at this stage of the freeze :-/

Cheers,
Vincent