Re: Newbie

Hi Franz, and welcome!

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:43:22PM +0100, Franz Gratzer wrote:
> I'm a fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe and in the quite
> active fellowship group in Vienna/Austria/Europe.
>
> Nearly all of you seem to agree on using icy blue colors for the new
> look.  Do you have a special reason for that or do you just happen to
> have the same taste regarding colors? I.e. is this a mere coincidence?

It's just one of the leads people are following, starting from Holger
suggestion. Feel free to work on that or to propose something radically
different! That's the whole point of the call for artwork after all :-)

> I was surprised that last time (for Squeeze) there wheren't a lot of
> submissions. (At least if the entries on: [1] are complete.) I was
> expecting that very many people from all over the world would try very
> hard to add something to the look and feel of something as great as
> Debain.

You're right. That's why we're trying to work more on communication
around our need to have great graphic artists help us out with theme-ing
Wheezy, so spread the word!

> I'm not up to date regarding the technical details for Wheezy. Does
> Debian stick to Gnome 2 for the next main release or isn't there any
> decision yet?

GNOME 3 is Debian testing since quite a while. That is the default
desktop that we are targeting for Wheezy. Nothing will be carved in
stone at least until the freeze next June, but that GNOME 3 will be
default Wheezy desktop looks, at present, as a safe bet. Not however
that the theme will be used for more than just GNOME, as documented in
the requirement wiki page.

Thanks for your interest,
looking forward to your submission!