Re: Debian squeeze theme: dead in the water?

On mar., 2010-10-12 at 12:48 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Quite true. In the past the RT never opposed theming changes in the
> > freeze time so I don’t think it is too late, but we should act soon.
>
> It might be good for wheezy to get a new theme in the 6 months after
> the release of squeeze.

Imho it's not a good idea to have the theme ready too soon, especially
when we don't know when the release will be, and the theme might “wear
out”.

But we could proceed as Julien proposed, like, if we know the scheduled
freeze date one year in advance, we could set a deadline like a month
before. Though that means knowing the freeze one year in advance, which
might not be that easy.

Anyway, it's noted that the “late freeze uploads” even for desktop-base
aren't really the best solution, so we'll try the next time to do it
differently, as far as we can.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis