Re: Leenooks

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:43:00 +0100, Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:31:00 +1100, Hamish wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 03:29:57PM +0100, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
>
> >> American?! Funny :-)
>
> > Did you mean "Sad"?
>
> I think I meant "Funny" in a ridiculous-like sense.
>
> (While it perhaps would be more obvious to imagine a Finnish person
> speaking English with a Finnish (or Swedish :-)) accent, those of us
> who are from non-English-speaking parts of the world tend to get our
> English accents from movies and tv. Sad but nevertheless, at least
> partly, true).
>
>   :-),

I agree with it being sad.
It is one of those terrible cases of thinking that anyone
who has importance in the world eg. Figure head for something.
Must be "movie like" hence in this case have a Silicon Valley American Accent.
Its Hollywood brain washing at an unconscious low level.

I will flog myself with a length of CAT5 when I get back to my office
in repentance.

-mash

--
Technology is the art of arranging the world so that we don't have to
experience it - Martin Heidegger