Re: spam and debian-curiosa [ot]

also sprach Adam Olsen <rhamph@d2dc.net> [2002.01.22.1504 +0100]:
> > stop bitching, and noone is forcing anyone, but it's commonly accepted
> > to put the reply under what you are replying too. if you want your
>
> No.  If you're replying to individual points, then yes it's common.
> But if you're writing a reply to the whole message then it's quite
> common to just put it at a top.

of course. but then *DO NOT* include the entire message simply quoted
at the bottom. if you're replying to me, then i know what i talked
about, and could always check in my sent mailbox. if you are replying to
the list, i can always check the list mail. if you include all of the
initial message, then someone includes yours and all of the first
initial message, and so on, that's such a perverse duplication of
information, it's so unecessary. period.

> > first, learn the above syntax, then figure out how autocommands and
> > syntax formatting work in vim. or just install jove or something more
> > intuitive.
>
> I use autocommands all the time.  And I've spent more than enough time
> TRYING to get syntax formatting to work perfectly, but eventually I
> got in the habit of doing it manually because every new thing I
> installed use a different style.  I shouldn't need to memorize every
> detail just to turn it off..

i by far don't remember (m)any details of vim, and it suits me quite
perfectly, never had problems, and even if i did, i wouldn't go rage
about them on a public mailing list. ever considered asking for help in
a polite fashion?

it's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.