Status of #750135 (Maintainer of aptitude package)

Hello,

I am worried to read at irc log [1]

19:55:24 <OdyX> Mithrandir: as a data point, there's
https://qa.debian.org/data/bts/graphs/a/aptitude.png and the
aptitude-devel@alioth list that basically has no answers from anyone
involved since then (but we're in freeze too)

I would like to point that I understand why Manuel would not write to
the list. Daniel kicked him from alioth aptitude project ...

I imagine Daniel have a real live which does not left him time to work
(at least at public, last commit was 8 month ago)

So, why he cannot accept changes from Manuel ? With git all changes
are trackable and collaborative work should be easier.

Manuel have demostrated he had enough energy to work on aptitude,
pulling many bugs. Maybe technically Manuel fixes are not perfect ....
(Daniel reverted some of such fixes with him criteria and him aptitude
maintainer hat)

Sincerely I would expect this bug to be solved in less than a year. It
has to been frustrating to be at Manuel circunstances. I know CTTE has
been very very very busy , I'm understand this is not the biggest
issue, but 8 month of not activities on git should be sufficient to
give the power to Manuel and tell to Daniel to have a collaborative
aptitude

Thanks to Mithrandir for taking this bug, I hope we can read about it
resolution in a short time

Regards,

PD: Sorry for my english. I hope you understand me and hope to not be aggresive
PD2: I'm CCing to dburrows@debian.org (though I think he is
MIA/retired?) , maybe he technically can tell us about how are Manuel
fixes which Daniel didn't like ?

[1] http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-ctte/2015/debian-ctte.2015-03-26-18.59.log.html