Re: [CTTE #770789] IEC units in df output

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:38:33AM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> ==== RESOLUTION ====
>
> In 770789, the Technical Committee was asked to override the decision
> of upstream and the maintainer of df to not include i in the units
> output when asked for IEC output (2^10).
>
> The CTTE declines to override the decision of the maintainer and
> upstream.
>
> ==== END OF RESOLUTION ====

Thank you guys!  The -ebi- plague is horrible and needs to be fought!
You could have responded using some of Ted Ts'o arguments and quotations
from #757831.

Or, as in a discussion I once had with an old geezer (now retired) who
couldn't believe someone could come up with an unit as intuitive as MiB:
MiB means "million bytes" as opposed to MB at 1048576, right?

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple