Re: call for votes on default Linux init system for jessie

Michael Gilbert <mgilbert@debian.org> writes:

> It actually carries more weight than a GR.  A normal GR only requires a
> majority; but a GR overruling the TC requires a probably insurmountable
> 2:1 majority.

I think there's general consensus in the TC that a GR overriding this
decision should be done with a simple majority (at least among the people
who have commented).  If a GR goes forward, I'll propose that the TC agree
to allow override by a majority instead of a 2:1 supermajority, provided
someone doesn't come up with some other more elegant way to handle this.
So I don't think this will be a problem.