Re: Next team meeting 2024-03-13 20:00 UTC

Hello everyone,

Here are my notes from today's team meeting.

cloud-init updates
------------------

cloud-init has been updated to 24.1.1 in unstable.  For the full details on
what's new, please refer to the upstream changelog at:
  https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/blob/24.1.1/ChangeLog

snapshot.d.o infra
------------------

We discussed a request from DSA for resources related to snapshot.d.o.  We all
agreed that we'd like to help - snapshot is great!  We'll work on details with
the folks doing the work.

cloud-initramfs-tools
---------------------

growpart, from cloud-initramfs-tools, has been broken (#1037914, #1065875).
The fix (thanks to Tiago Ilieve) has been merged.

Most of the cloud-team folks use cloud-init.  Which means that none of us are
that attentive to issues in this package.  If you are, and you're in a position
to help, we'd appreciate it.

bookworm dns resolution
-----------------------

Noah raised an issue related to a bug in systemd-resolved, and we agreed that
it should be disabled for now.  Upstream bug report:

This causes some percentage of DNS resolutions to fail.  The conditions for a
failure are unclear (maybe ipv6, maybe wildcards).  Noah was able to confirm
the bug report's claim that disabling systemd-resolved fixes it.

We'd like working systemd-resolved, but the issue seems thorny and none of us
on the call were sure we'd have time soon.  If you're looking for a challenge,
this one looks interesting - we'd love some help.

Until next time,
Ross