Re: S3-backed snapshot implementation on AWS?

Hi all,

Am 22.09.23 um 17:12 schrieb Bastian Blank:
Hi Lucas

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 08:42:10AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
Could we use the Debian AWS account to host that service?

I would assume that a service like snapshot would be within the scope
for our AWS usage.  Noah?

                                                           It would
require one fairly powerful VM, and a large S3 bucket (approximately
150-200 TB).

Be aware that AWS S3, while featuring negligible staorage cost,
can become very expensive if ever the need arises to get the data back
out of AWS:

https://discourse.nixos.org/t/the-nixos-foundations-call-to-action-s3-costs-require-community-support/28672

Best wishes
Michael