Re: Making the QEMU images easier to find

On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 12:17:38PM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On 7/13/23 12:08, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > https://lwn.net/Articles/937830/ mentions that a kernel developer could
> > not find arm64 virtualisation images for any distro except for openSUSE:
> >
> > > There are no local virtualization images for arm64 available, other
> > > than for openSUSE Tumbleweed, that he knows of at this time; he is not
> > > sure whether there are plans for other distributions to add them.
>
> That's unfortunate. :\

Yea bummer - I posted a comment with some pointers to our images and the
the similar place for Ubuntu images.

> > Should we add a link on https://www.debian.org/download? Any other ideas
> > to make them easier to find?
>
> I'd be in favor of that.  I mentioned the availability of downloadable VM
> images years ago on my blog, but never did anything to promote their
> availability further.

Agreed, that's a nice idea.

There was a really nice blog post the other day from Lukas Märdian,
walkning through some netplan examples using the bookworm generic images
with qemu:
https://blog.slyon.de/2023/07/10/netplan-and-systemd-networkd-on-debian-bookworm/

Ross