Re: awscli v2 dependencies (was Re: Next team meeting: 2022-11-09 20:00 UTC)

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 10:24:42AM -0800, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > So, some time has passed and I haven't managed to work on this at all.
> > Given the number of packages involved and the dependencies between them,
> > I'm not optimistic that we'll be able to package them all individually
> > as we discussed at the meeting.  In order to facilitate the packaging of
> > awscli v2, I'm inclined to fall back to my proposal from #966573 [1].
> > Essentially this would package aws-crt-python as a single package with
> > the C code as a private component, rather than broken out into
> > standalone packages.
>
> Sounds good to me.  As we discussed, this will be fairly easy to unwind
> when time permits individually packaging source pieces.

I just uploaded aws-crt-python targeting unstable.  It'll need to make
it through the NEW queue, but that's the only remaining blocker for
awscli v2 work.  I have a v2 branch mostly finished and will be able to
upload it as soon as aws-crt-python is accepted.

noah