Re: Systemd predictive network interface names for Stretch

>> Generally, to the debian-cloud folks, what are your thoughts here for
>> Debian cloud images. The possibility that PCI devices can change is always
>> on the table and we shouldn't assume it can't happen in any given
>> virtualization environment.

I can't speak for all cloud providers but bootstrap-vz disables
persistent nic device names via net.ifnames=0 boot param
see :
https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/blob/f71eac2c390e67ebac4e237d937481ae1909e800/bootstrapvz/common/tasks/grub.py#L229

this seems a good thing if the platform you build is not the one you run

I do the same for Vagrant Virtualbox images, as I build with qemu for a
Virtual Box target and nic pci position on bus is different