AWS Run Command - packaging, adding to Debian images

Hello.
Recently AWS released EC2 Run Command:
http://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/ec2-run-command-update-manage-share-com
mands-and-more/
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-ec2-run-command-remote-instance-ma
nagement-at-scale/

It allows for running commands defined in documents - reducing need to
have SSH on instance. It is done by having agent running in OS and
waiting for commands. Agent is Open Source:
https://github.com/aws/amazon-ssm-agent
I'm not sure how DFSG-free is this licence:
https://github.com/aws/amazon-ssm-agent/blob/master/LICENSE
 - haven't read it diligently enough.

IMO it would be good to package it, upload into Debian (if licence is
DFSG) and install in official images.
Agent is written in Go - I do not have any experience with it. Any
tips? Also - any comments regarding this idea?

Best regards.