mounting encrypted filesystems in rescue-cd

Dear developers,

I hope, you can help me. I have the following problem:

I am running debian/testing and on my system I have 3 partitions, which are
encrypted. All partitions are luks encrypted. Of colurse I know the passwords.
These partitions are each mounted on /home, /usr and /var.

When I boot into the rescue mode of debian's installation cd, I cannot mount
these partitions. Even when I start a shell and want to do for example
"cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdX home" I get an error.

Maybe you can help here. Either I am doing something wrong (i.e. I have to
load some kernel modules manually) or these kernel modules are missinmg at
all.

I need at least aes-x86_64, dm-crypt and dm-mod. AFAIK the module sha256 is no
more existent in the kernel.

Please enmlighten me, do I something wrong? If no, then please update the
installation CD to the necessary things.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Hans-J. Ullrich

Please direct any answer to my personal email-address or to debian-users, as I
am not subscribed to this list. Thank you.