Re: Bits from the CD team: plans for debian-cd v3.0

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Joey Hess wrote:

> You're right, netboot never tries to mount a CD, so this won't work.
> (In theory you could use this with a preseed/file=/floppy/foo and it
> does have the stuff to mount a floppy. But I doubt anyone will ever want
> to do this.)
>
> So your original point about this being a point netboot can't cover
> that businesscard can stands.

Thanks for the update.  Jamming the preseed into the initrd is probably a
reasonable compromise for me, even though it is a bit more work.

Thanks,

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA