Re: Anticipating Sarge Release

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:25:10AM -0400, Rodger Castle wrote:
> In anticipation of the sarge release, I have a few questions.
>
> Is the realease still on schecule for this weekend?

Um. %-|

I don't know - my feeling is that it'll take a bit longer, but I could be
wrong.

> I have (or will have by the end of tomorrow) a full set of the testing
> images updated this week. Will these need to be updated to the full
> release or, since sarge is frozen, are they effectively the official
> release?

You will need to update them. While the set of packages is unlikely to have
changed in any significant way, the testing images have a label which says
that they're just a weekly snapshot. The release images will be labelled
"stable".

> After release, can I stop updating this set or will they periodically
> change?

Stable CD images only change for point releases, i.e. you'll have to update
your 3.1rev0 CDs after a few months to turn them into a 3.1rev1 set.

The weekly testing CD images will continue to be updated every week...

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯