Re: Jigdo downloads missing some files on FTP and HTTP is VERY slow

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 10:37:15AM -0400, Rodger Castle wrote:
> I've been doing an iso update of the testing i386 (sarge) build and
> noticed that some files are not on the ftp mirror
> (ftp.us.debian.org/debian) so jigdo switches to http downloads at
> http.us.debian.org/debian.  These downloads are VERY slow (3-8Kps).  Is
> there a problem with the HTTP server or is it just overloaded?

Note that {http,ftp}.us.debian.org uses round-robin DNS, i.e. every time
you connect to it, you get a different server. It is possible that you were
unfortunate and got an overloaded server when you tried HTTP.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯